Re: problem trying to su - postgres

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: problem trying to su - postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 09:54:42AM +0100, Neil.Thompson@shepway.gov.uk wrote:
> I'm a newbie to all things linux and have the following problem
>
> running red hat linux 9 i log into my pc, change to su - and type the
> password, all is ok and i get root@localhost <mailto:root@localhost>
>
> I'm trying now to configure postgresql, which i installed with linux and it
> says to su - postgres, i do this but instead of getting postgres@localhost
> <mailto:postgres@localhost>  i get -bash-2.05b$ , is this right? or do i
> need to reinstall something / update something?

 The important is user identity, you can check it by 'id' command:

         # id
         uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
         # su - postgres
         $ id
         uid=31(postgres) gid=32(postgres) groups=32(postgres)

 Your '-bash-2.05b$' is only prompt  and depend on PS1 environment value
 setting.   You  can  found  more  information  in  'man  bash'  in  the
 /etc/profile file or other places...

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Сообщение: Re: problem trying to su - postgres
Сообщение: Re: problem trying to su - postgres