Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Joe Conway wrote:
>
> > > On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Joe Conway wrote:
> > No, I don't call that lazy, I call it smart. It makes use (reuse) of a
> > part of Postgres (the contrib build system) that is among its strengths.
> > Is it your goal to make it harder for people to write their own C
> > language functions? It makes no sense whatsoever to expect everyone who
> > wants to extend Postgres to develop their own build system. I'd call
> > that alot of duplicated effort -- effort better spent more productively.
>
> Then, like I mentined to Bruce, we should be looking at some sort of
> template that those developers can work off of ... downloading an 11Meg
> file to build a 2k module seems a wee bit excessive, no?

OK, I think the number of files needed to build modules is small and I
think can be installed by default in a /build directory.  I am thinking
that with a little script help, projects can build apps that look like
like Makefiles used in our core project.

Pennsylvania19073