Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, I think the number of files needed to build modules is small and I
> think can be installed by default in a /build directory.  I am thinking
> that with a little script help, projects can build apps that look like
> like Makefiles used in our core project.

This is all I'm saying ... its like when we packaged up our first eRServer
... I didn't require our clients to go out and download PostgreSQL to
build it, I pulled in the few files from our build environment into the
package so that it could be built independently ...

Nice thing was, we were able to hit as many platforms as PostgreSQL did,
as building shared libraries and such was all there ready to go ...

----