Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> My personal opinion is that we should move the config files from
> pgsql/data to pgsql/data/etc.  Unix config files aren't put in /,
> they are in /etc, so this seems logical.  I was never comfortable
> with having editable files right next to files that shouldn't be
> touched.  This makes backup of the config files easier, and allows
> for use of a symlink for the directory for those who want them.  I
> assume some will argue that the change isn't worth it.

I would say that moving the configuration files even deeper into the
data directory makes it all the more likely for people to not find them
or be inclined to edit or delete other files nearby ("which of these
log files can I delete"?).

As much as I would like to see a solution that allows us to move the
configuration files out of the data directory, I find some of the
tendency in this thread to be rather ludicrous: trying to improve the
administration facility of the system by adding half a dozen options to
move things all over the place and half a dozen addional rules about
how these options interact when conflicting values are given.  I don't
see how that would help the end goal.