Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software
Дата
Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> <snip>
> > More prominent than the ugly, neon green animated Pac-man like thing
> > currently on the home page? What percentage of the people reading
> > the page are really going to be able to "come to Brussels?" I vote
> > for removing it and keeping the project as apolitical as possible.
>
> It still raises people's awareness, regardless of whether they can get
> to Brussels or not.
>
> This is not really a political issue.  It's looking after our own long
> term interests.

Nobody has yet mentioned how this is the case ... how would such a patent
affect us?  For instance, there is no EU corporate entity that anyone
could claim copyright infringement against, so there is nobody to 'tie up
in the courts' ... would this give someone in the EU the ability to take
companyA *using* PostgreSQL to court?

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software
Сообщение: Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software