Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Honza Pazdziora
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:32:19AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > A counterexample of Apache shows that you can easily use -f or another
> > command line option to point the server to alternate master config
> > file (which I believe is the same with MySQL).
>
> According to
> http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Using_MySQL_Programs.html#Option_files
> /etc/my.cnf will be read if it exists, no matter what you say on the
> command line.  So AFAICS the only way to make a private installation is
> to make sure that you have overridden each and every setting in

:-) I never used that "feature" so was never bitten by it. Anyway,
Apache HTTP server seems to do it the right way, doesn't it?

--
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/.project:Perl, mod_perl, DBI, Oracle, large Web systems, XML/XSL, ...    Only

От: Dennis Bjorklund
Сообщение: Re: locale
От: "Andrew Dunstan"
Сообщение: Re: Small suggestion on build script