Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Honza Pazdziora
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:31:44AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I've recently had some very unpleasant experiences trying to install
> test versions of MySQL on machines that already had older versions
> installed normally.  It seems that MySQL *will* read /etc/my.cnf if it
> exists, whether it's appropriate or not, and so it's impossible to have
> a truly independent test installation, even though you can configure it
> to build/install into nonstandard directories.  Let's not emulate that
> bit of brain damage.

A counterexample of Apache shows that you can easily use -f or another
command line option to point the server to alternate master config
file (which I believe is the same with MySQL). From that config
files, another files can be included, making it easy to share pieces
of configuration, or separate them in any way.

--
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/.project:Perl, mod_perl, DBI, Oracle, large Web systems, XML/XSL, ...    Only