Re: ERROR: column 'xxx' does not exist (under v. 7.4.1)

От Joe Sunday
Тема Re: ERROR: column 'xxx' does not exist (under v. 7.4.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:00:21AM -0500, Iker Arizmendi wrote:

> Using psql and running as the owner of the table "app" I
> try to access the columns of the table like so:
>
>    SELECT * FROM app;
>
> which returns all the columns in the table including
> the one I'm interested in, which is "companyID".
> If instead I use something like:
>
>    SELECT companyID FROM app;
>
> I get the following:
>
>    ERROR: column "companyid" does not exist

SELECT "companyID" FROM app;

You've stored a case sensitive column name in the table, but
by default Postgres will fold all identifiers to lower case
unless quoted.

--Joe

--
Joe Sunday <sunday@csh.rit.edu>  http://www.csh.rit.edu/~sunday/
Computer Science House, Rochester Inst. Of Technology