Re: Problems Vacuum'ing

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Problems Vacuum'ing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:02:22PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:

[...]

> Which is all well-and-good (tho, my ignorance readily conceded, four
> minutes seems a mite... long), *except*: If I shut-down the
> WebObjects application which, again, never accesses the db in
> question, much-less any of its tables, this "time-out" doesn't seem
> to apply.  (I tried it.)

Ok, so the WebObjects app keeps an idle open transaction?  (i.e. it
issues a BEGIN as soon as the previous transaction is finished.) I'm not
sure I read the code correctly -- ISTM it would only matter when you try
to vacuum a shared table, which this is not ...

"El hombre nunca sabe de lo que es capaz hasta que lo intenta" (C. Dickens)