Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Palle,

> Too bad... that was my idea, that it would somehow be aware that it is
> equivalent to lower() like. It really is, isn't it? I would have though
> they where synonymous. If not, makes ILIKE kind of unusable, at least
> unless you're pretty certain the field will never indexed.

Yup.   I use it mostly for lookups in reference lists with < 100 items, where
an index doesn't matter.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

От: Palle Girgensohn
Сообщение: Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include
Сообщение: Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include