Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include

От Palle Girgensohn
Тема Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
--On tisdag, mars 30, 2004 16.56.09 -0800 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
wrote:

> Palle,
>
>> But what about ILIKE. It does not take advantage of indices built with
>> lower():
>
> Nope.  If you want to use a functional index, you'll need to use the
> function  when you call the query.   ILIKE is not somehow aware that it
> is equivalent  to lower().

Too bad... that was my idea, that it would somehow be aware that it is
equivalent to lower() like. It really is, isn't it? I would have though
they where synonymous. If not, makes ILIKE kind of unusable, at least
unless you're pretty certain the field will never indexed.

/Palle

Сообщение: Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include
Сообщение: Re: LIKE should use index when condition doesn't include