Re: createdb fails

От Bill Chandler
Тема Re: createdb fails
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
> Ah it's SSL. Try to disable SSL in postgresql.conf,
> then it should work.

Nope.  Same results.  In fact, it looks like
ssl=false is the default anyway right?  So I've been
running w/ SSL off all along.

> If you really need SSL, then you have to create
> that missing certificate file - don't ask me how,
> I don't know.  (The file is there on my Debian Linux
> installation.)

Well, I found out at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/ssl-tcp.html

Created server.crt file as per instructions above.
Set ssl=true in postgresql.conf.  Postmaster started
successfully.  Tried to createdb.  Same message!!!

BTW, this is after uninstalling and reinstalling
Cygwin and PostgreSQL.

I feel like I must have done something wrong on
installation.  Or maybe my machine is configured
strangely.  I followed the instructions at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN

Are these instructions complete?

thanks,

Bill