Re: raising the default default_statistics_target

От markw@osdl.org
Тема Re: raising the default default_statistics_target
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On  7 Mar, Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> This is something we need to consider, but we'll need more evidence
>>> before making a choice.  One thing that we have very little data about
>>> is how much difference it makes in the quality of planner choices.
>
>> Right, but is there a practical way to actually get this data?
>
> I haven't thought of one yet, but perhaps someone will have an idea.

If DBT-3 is an appropriate test, we can get those EXPLAIN ANALYZE
changes I have working in the STP version and queued up tests varying
the default_statistics_target parameter.

Mark

Сообщение: Re: raising the default default_statistics_target
Сообщение: Re: raising the default default_statistics_target