7.4.2 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема 7.4.2 release notes
Дата
Re: 7.4.2 release notes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Here are the 7.4.2 release notes I made.  I have a few question:

What detail do we need on the pg_statistics alignment fix?  Do we need
to show an UPDATE query to fix database?  What are the ramifications of
leaving it alone?

A few categories list "various fixes" for rare fixes we made in a few
areas.  We would not normally spell those out in detail in a major
release, and I assume we wouldn't do that in a minor release either.

I will add comments to a few of them later.

                              Release Notes
                              Release 7.4.2
    Release date: 2004-03-??
  This release contains a variety of fixes from 7.4.1.

Migration to version 7.4.2
  A dump/restore is *not* required for those running 7.4.X.

Changes
  As of 2004-03-02
    * Fix problems with ALTER TABLE during concurrent access (Tom)    * Improve hash build reliability (Tom)    * Fix
statisticsalignment bug that could affect optimizer, initdb      required (Tom)    * Optimizer improvements (Tom)    *
Permissionfix for view updates (Tom)    * Allow non-super users to update pg_settings (Tom)    * Fix for multibyte
handlingin position() (Korea PostgreSQL Users'      Group)    * Various multibyte fixes    * Fix problem with hitting
openfile limit, especially on OS X (Tom)    * Have pg_dump set client encoding on restore (Tom)    * Allow ecpg to
againuse C keywords as column names (Michael)    * Added ecpg WHENEVER NOT_FOUND to SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
(Michael)   * Fix ecpg crash for queries calling set-returning functions      (Michael)    * Various ecpg fixes
(Michael)   * Fixes for Borland compiler    * Thread build improvements (Bruce)    * Fix for configure --disable-shared
support(Tom)    * Various build fixes    * Various jdbc fixes

Pennsylvania19073