Re: 7.4.2 release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.2 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here are the 7.4.2 release notes I made.  I have a few question:

> What detail do we need on the pg_statistics alignment fix?  Do we need
> to show an UPDATE query to fix database?  What are the ramifications of
> leaving it alone?

Potential crashes :-(.  I think we must give a detailed procedure for
fixing the problem if you don't initdb.  I am working on that now.

> A few categories list "various fixes" for rare fixes we made in a few
> areas.  We would not normally spell those out in detail in a major
> release, and I assume we wouldn't do that in a minor release either.

That's OK.  One thing I am also changing is to remove the entries that
are duplicates of the items fixed in 7.3.6 --- I think we can just refer
to the 7.3.6 notes instead.