Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Silvana Di Martino
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alle 12:12, venerdì 5 marzo 2004, Dave Ewart ha scritto:
> If you find any 'automated' front-end to do this at the database-level,
> rather than something like loopback at the filesystem level or at the
> field level for specific fields, I think there would be a lot of
> interest.

As I told in another message, this problem should be faced in a systematic and
community-oriented way because this law is going to affect all EU SysAdmin in
a few years and could push many GPL RDBMS out of the market. I will try to
manage it somehow, just to satisfy my specific needs of the moment, but this
problem do deserves a standard solution.

See you
Alessandro Bottoni and Silvana Di Martino
alessandrobottoni@interfree.it
silvanadimartino@tin.it

Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)