Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:00:23 -0500,
  Mitch Pirtle <mitchy@spacemonkeylabs.com> wrote:

> Second, hard-disk encryption will only come into play if someone stole
> the hardware, right?  And even then, as long as the thing boots, then
> they would have access!  That is, unless we went back to the
> human-required-at-boot scenario.

Your can generate a random key on boot that is stored in volatile memory.
If the system is powered down the data will become unavailable. This
might be useful for some groups of people (e.g. criminal organizations),
but for others the problems with losing the data due to a power outage might
be too high.

Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)