Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Dave Ewart
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday, 05.03.2004 at 11:17 +0000, Matt Clark wrote:

> > What's wrong with using a LoopAES filesystem?  It protects against
> > someone walking off with the server, or at least the hard disk, and
> > being able to see the data.
>
> Yes, but only if the password has to entered manually [1] at boot
> time.  And it gives zero protection against someone who gains root
> access to the server.
>
> [...]
>
> [1] There are ways of avoiding having to enter the info manually, but
> they're very tricky to implement securely.

Not sure I follow this - there's no point AT ALL in using LoopAES if you
can mount the encrypted partitions without needing manual intervention
at boot time.

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
Dave.Ewart@cancer.org.uk

Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)