Re: Running Multiple Postmasters

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Re: Running Multiple Postmasters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour John Allgood,
> Hello
>
>    I am building a server to run 9 databases. Can I run a seperate
> postmaster for each of the 9 databases. I would be setting the port
> number to a different value for each db of course. The reason I wish to
> do this is so that I can install about three databases on a seperate
> disk and put the other on seperate disk as well. I want to be able to
> build scripts to shutdown and start each database individually. Example
> below. I would also put the WAL on seperate disk as well which I will do
> with links. I this something I can do.
    No problem to do this, we are doing the same (each designer
    getting its own data-base) for test purpose.

    command like:
    /usr/bin/postmaster -D //regulus/reg2/dbm -p 1622 -B512 -o -S2048
    where -D and -p parameter are different for each data-base.
    (we are starting postmater from inside the application itself
     such we are sure application is working on the proper base and port)
     Be sure to create a full data-base structure in the proper area.

--
A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon              Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca

От: "scott"
Сообщение: unsubscribe
От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Running Multiple Postmasters