Re: GForge WAS: Feeds Integration

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: GForge WAS: Feeds Integration
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave,

> Well, hang on. Why Gforge? Are there other solutions? If so then I think
> any voting/discussions/whatever should include the choice of new
> platform.

Do you have another proposal?   Like I said, I'll be putting forward the case
for GForge; if there's another program you like, feel free to
counter-propose.

But I'm not gonna spend a bunch o' time reseaching other platforms when I
believe that GForge suits our needs.

> It's also normal to have the discussion before a vote rather than the
> other way round as you are proposing (unless I misunderstand what you've
> written), so that people can make a properly informed vote.

As if I could prevent discussion.   My point is that this has been discussed,
off and on, on this list and elsewhere repeatedly without any action being
taken.   I'm going to throw up a specific proposal for action, and if people
shoot it down, then so be it.   But just to discuss the topic in general --
again -- is a recipe for paralysis.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions