Re: development questions (was: Re: Another update on 'portal')

От Andreas Grabmüller
Тема Re: development questions (was: Re: Another update on 'portal')
Дата
Список pgsql-www
----- Original-Nachricht -----
Von: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
An: <borz_off@cs.msu.su>
CC: <pgsql-www@postgresql.org>
Datum: Saturday, February 14, 2004 04:24 PM
Betreff: development questions (was: Re: [pgsql-www] Another update on 'portal')

> > 2) Have you downloaded and reviewed the code?
>
> No, I have not had time - that is why I asked Andreas for his opinion.
>
> Regards, Dave.

When I saw Alexeys posts, I decided to not answer them - it's difficult for me to have an objective opinion as I simply
don'tlike the way Alexey came in and said "everything you do sucks, what I do is the only right way you can do that".
Thatmakes me think "what the hell does that guy want from us?". However, let me try it.

I have reviewed the code and it looks good - most of it seems to work, much of my code has been optimized.

I can't say if this code is good or this code is bad. He did the changes he stated in his mail, and they seem to work
andthe code techincally looks good (at least better than mine). The question is, do we want to have this changes? I
likethe template usage and the new path format page.html.{ln}. I personally don't like the usage of gettext as for me
thisseems to be overhead - before we had a php file containing all variables, now we have several .po etc. files which
haveto be edited by special software (I think?). All this is just a question of the personal point of view.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Grabmüller

--
LetzPlay.de
| Freemail:       http://www.letzplay.de/mail
| Forenhosting: http://www.letzplay.de/foren

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: development questions (was: Re: Another update on 'portal')
Сообщение: Re: development questions (was: Re: Another update on 'portal')