Re: Alternative to "Money" ...

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: Alternative to "Money" ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
... I can't _quite_ tell if you're serious or not ... :)

If you are serious, are you saying to do something like:

CREATE TABLE new_money (product text, dollars int4, cents int4);
INSERT INTO new_money (product, dollars, cents) values ('Flowbee','19','95');
INSERT INTO new_money (product, dollars, cents) values ('Garth Brooks\'s
Greatest Hits','9','99');

SELECT product, (dollars || '.' || cents)::numeric FROM new_money;
           product            | numeric
 Flowbee                      |   19.95
 Garth Brooks's Greatest Hits |    9.99
(2 rows)

... Will that really improve performance? I'd probably have to create a view
and rule on the view if I didn't want to drasticly alter the way I'm handling
currency in my pre-existing code ...

CG