Re: projects.postgresql.net

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: projects.postgresql.net
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > The reason I'm looking at using the .net, other then trying to keep the
> > .org namespace from going super large, is that I can setup DNS as
> > *.postgresql.net to point at the IP in question, and let Apache sort out
> > the individual projects ... I'm not totally hung up on using .net, it just
> > simplifies some things ...
>
> Well, it simplifies things right now.  What about mirroring though?
> When the .net area gets large enough to need to be split across multiple
> servers, will there be a problem?

Good point ... so we need to DNS each project name individually ...

But, again in favor of doing the .net ... we're looking at migrating DNS
to bind-dlz ... the .org domain can't be done that way easily, do to the
combination of dynamic/static host names (all the mirrors are dynamically
generated) ... moving projects to .net would allow us to leave the dns
records in the database ...

Counter to that, of course, is that we could extend the mirror/dns script
to dump the projects at the same time ...

I'm flexible either way ... one benefit to .net is we could make
www.postgresql.net == gborg.postgresql.org, since someone mentioned
drop'ng the gborg name altogether ... again, gborg.postgresql.org would
have a redirect to www.postgresql.net ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: