Re: projects.postgresql.net

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: projects.postgresql.net
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> >    Two reasons for postgresql.net ... a) its not being used right now and
> > b) it keeps it out of the postgresql.org name space which has alot in it
> > right now with all of the mirror stuff ...
>
> I'd go with projects.postgresql.org myself, because I think that's where
> people would naturally look.  If you really want .net then please make
> the other name redirect to .net ...

k, what other name?  for the existing sites (ie. odbc and jdbc), a
redirect would definitely be put into place ... but for sites that
currently do not have anything, why put the redirect?

The reason I'm looking at using the .net, other then trying to keep the
.org namespace from going super large, is that I can setup DNS as
*.postgresql.net to point at the IP in question, and let Apache sort out
the individual projects ... I'm not totally hung up on using .net, it just
simplifies some things ...

We can use .org, it just means that its more difficult to automate the
process of setting up a new project, since DNS would have to be modified
for each new one ...

----