Re: msg translation into sk_SK, Docs: SGML -> XML

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: msg translation into sk_SK, Docs: SGML -> XML
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:29:14AM +0100, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:
> > I would  like to  take up  the translation of  pgsql msg  strings
> > into slovak (sk_SK). It is fairly similar to czech (cz_CZ), so it
> > should go quite fast. Please stand up, if you have any objections.
>
>  If you don't want to waste time do  it if the release 7.5 will at
> least in beta,  preferably in  messages freeze state  and nobody
> will modify PostgreSQL messages.

Actually, we're still looking for people to finish (or start) their 7.4
translations, because that is what most people will be using for the
longest time.  When we near 7.5, we'll probably just copy over most of
the 7.4 translations and start from there.

>  Peter E. works on XML docbook version of docs. I don't know if he
> wants to move  directly to XML or  uses on the  fly conversion to XML
>  by osx (sgml2xml). This conversion you try use  by "make testxml"
> stuff in the doc/src/sgml/Makefile. I  tested it  and it  works --
> but for  example conversion  from XML  to PDF  by "fop"  failed, but
> it's might  be fop problem.

The general consensus is that FOP is simply not there yet.

>  Peter, what's your planns?

Well, when people feel good about it, we can switch the stored format to
XML.  I'm not in a hurry, though, because what is there right now is
almost equivalent.  I've also tried out the po2xml thingy and it seems
to work, but translating about 10000 strings seems to be a daunting
task.

Сообщение: Re: Stupid question on Read Committed Isolation Level
Сообщение: Re: Stupid question on Read Committed Isolation Level