Re: How should I get started?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: How should I get started?
Дата
Re: How should I get started?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 17 January 2004 16:19, Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> I've been programming web applications in PHP/MySQL for a few years.
> It's worked pretty well, but I've been getting annoyed with the lack of
> more advanced features lately. After some reading, I've decided to
> switch to Perl/PostgreSQL.
>
> I'll be discarding all database data for other reason anyway, so moving
> data isn't an issue. I just want to learn how to best use some of
> PostgreSQL's cool features. Is there any documentation about that? I've
> looked at the official docs, but they're very dry. Any suggestions?

You should look into the tutorial.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/tutorial.html

Look for postgresql documentation in your install. It should have it as well.

Just remember, this is a developer version of documentation and subject to
change. Better stick to local documentation of a released version

HTH

 Shridhar