Re: tab-completion debug print

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tab-completion debug print
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 07:43:52PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I'm not sure that this should be a run-time option.

> Given the often onerous givens of installing new software on
> production machines, I'm thinking it actually should be.

What's that have to do with it?  This is a development option,
not a production option.  I don't think it should be in production
builds at all, let alone be invokable via a simple command-line switch.
The notion that ordinary users will want to use it is hogwash ---
we'd be much more likely to get complaints about psql spewing unexpected
output.