Re: Installing pgplsql on postgresql ver. 7.4 on os x 10.3

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Installing pgplsql on postgresql ver. 7.4 on os x 10.3
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 03:13:56PM +0000, beyaRecords - The home Urban music wrote:

> after my initial message yesterday asking how to use stored procedures
> in postgresql, it has become clear to me that I need to run a script
> called createlang to install pgplsql into template 1 database.

createlang is a compiled program, not a script.

Whether you need to install plpgsql in template1 or not depends on
what you want to do: if you want all databases created in the future to
automatically have plpgsql, then it makes sense to create the language
in template1.  If you want only certain databases to have plpgsql, then
you might want to create the language in only those databases but not
in template1.  I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly) that you're using
template1 for its intended purpose (database template) and not for
any work.

> I am running postgresql 7.4 on os x 10.3. Postgresql is situated in
> directory /usr/local/pgsql. I have been unable to locate the createlang
> script so my question is how do I intsall pgplsql on version 7.4 on OS
> X 10.3?

You could mess around with CREATE LANGUAGE but createlang is easier.
Where have you looked for createlang?  It's typically installed in
the same directory as the other PostgreSQL programs (psql, createdb,
etc.).  If not, then try running something like "locate createlang"
or "find / -name createlang" to see if you can find it.  It would be
odd for a PostgreSQL installation to be missing some of its utilities,
so I'm guessing it's there somewhere.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/