Re: really in neeed of help...queston about libpxx

От joseph speigle
Тема Re: really in neeed of help...queston about libpxx
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
libpqxx is a c++ wrapper on top of the c client library which gets installed along with the database itself.  So, the
libpqxxfunctions call the c functions, but provides an object oriented interface to those functions.  For example,
thereis a connection object, transaction object... The configure script you run when preparing to compile libpqxx
checksfor (on this install) /usr/local/lib/pgsql/libpq.so, and then links against -lpq

the download has good tests which are demo programs.  They are compiled with 'make test'.  I got pretty far with using
thedemos.

The documentation for libpqxx is sometimes a duplication of the postgresql C documentation.  Like, the connection
constructortakes the same arguments, the environment variables are the same, etc.

> Hi! Im just new to pgsql. I'm trying to use pqxx since the program that I'll be doing is in C++. I'm using Redhat
Linux9.0 and using KDevelop for programming. What do I need to do in order to get libxx working? (linking libraries,
etc)I've already installed them but haven't tried integrating the database in my program yet. Do you have sample C++
programsthat use libxx? Is the tutorial (html files) found in the pqxx package enough or should I also study the
documentationsfound pgsql?

--
joe speigle

От: "Chris"
Сообщение: postgres library simailar to mysql.h
От: joseph speigle
Сообщение: Re: postgres library simailar to mysql.h