Re: 2CPU 4GBRAM

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 2CPU 4GBRAM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jose Mendoza wrote:
> How can be efectivly configured the PostgreSQL to run in a machine
> with 2 CPUs Xeon 2.4 GHz and 4GB of RAM? The PostgreSQL work with the
> 2 processors? I had run tests and the tiems is always the same that
> in a computer with 1 CPU pentium 4   2.4GHz and 2GB RAM.

PostgreSQL relies on your operating system for multiprocessor support.
If you run more than one database session then your operating system
should/could distribute the resulting processes across the available
CPUs.  If you only run single-user tests, then you won't see any
difference, though.

> I intend to use the postgreSQL in several projects that requiere to
> attend about 1000 - 2500 users in a chain of retail stores. Is is
> that possible? Or is beyond that the postgresql possibilities?

That is certainly easily possible.