Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree

От strk
Тема Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree
Дата
Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
JanWieck wrote:
> strk wrote:
>
> > I get the following error when vacuuming a db or inserting
> > a big value in a column of a toastable datatype (GEOMETRY).
> >
> >     ERROR:  Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree
> >
> > My last action has been killing a psql that was getting
> > mad about receiving too much input and beeping as hell
> > (readline issue ?).
>
> You must have killed a lot more than your psql frontend to get that as a
> result.

really... I hit ^C at the psql terminal and
kill -9 <psql_pid>

The only other reason I can thing about is the data type text
input function screwing pg internal pointers...

> > After that, I put the insert query I was trying to feed to
> > psql in a file and sourced it... Bump! that error appeared.
> >
> >     psql:B:477: ERROR:  Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree
> >
> > Line 477 is EOF...
> >
> > Vacuum does not solve this (as you can see in the first error message)
> >
> > Do you have any hint about how to fix this ?
>
> Try "reindex table <tablename>". If you really only lost that btree
> index, that should do.

gis=# reindex table test; -- this is the table I was trying to insert into
WARNING:  table "test" wasn't reindexed
REINDEX
gis=# reindex table pg_toast_8443892; -- this was an assuption I made
ERROR:  Relation "pg_toast_8443892" does not exist
gis=# vacuum;
ERROR:  Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree
gis=#

Where could this pg_toast_8443892_index reference be found ?

--strk;