Re: Trigger to call an external program

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Trigger to call an external program
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Alan Graham wrote:

> I'm doing a low cost, low performance roll your own replication project,
> between various offices around Australia.  The replication is
> asynchronous, and peer to peer.  I've looked at the various replication
> projects, and for one reason or another, they're too hard.
>
> My design uses jabber as middleware, using python scripts to do the hard
> work.  However, it depends on triggers calling my python scripts to
> work.  I can't find a way to call an external script from a trigger.
> I've searched the archives, and found a few other people asking the same
> question, but no answers (apart from the odd sanctimonious "well you
> shouldn't be doing that..." :-).
>
> I thought I was onto a winner with pgplsh, but I can't get it to compile
> with 7.3.4, although it compiled beautifully with 7.2.1.

It takes a little bit of work to get pgplsh to compile for my devel system
(notably that I needed to make sure the server includes were in the -I
path and had to make a few more changes noted below).

I removed the if (DebugLvl > 1) lines and needed to change elog(DEBUG,
lines to one of the new DEBUG levels (I chose DEBUG2).  After that it
seemed to compile.