recovering from backup + transaction log

От Gary Stainburn
Тема recovering from backup + transaction log
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

I've been asked this question, and it's about a part of PostgreSQL that I've
not looked at.

Is it possible to recover a database from a dump + some form of transaction
log, i.e. if I pg_dump on a nightly basis, and then at noon the database
crashes, can I take the last dump and roll it forward from a log.

I've had a quick look and seen some info about a write-ahead log, but this
only seems to relate to server crashes.

(Is this to do with the recent Point-in-time recovery, and if so, will we have
to wait for 7.5?)

Any info would be appreciate.
--
Gary Stainburn