Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs

От Jeff
Тема Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Дата
Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:40:20 -0800 (PST)
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> wrote:

> By the way, what does your schema look like?  I created an 80M row fk
> table and 20K row pk table with an int4 key between them and indexes on
> the two key fields.  It took about 25 minutes on my not terribly fast
> system using 7.4b5 to make the foreign key between them.  It might have
> been faster if I'd raised sort_mem to something larger than 8192.

i missed the start of this thread... but unless you are running 7.4 adding an FK (restore) is very slow.  ZIt is fixed
in7.4.. especially w/lots of sort mem.

But the need still exists for a faster backup & restore. I've had a couple threads on this in I think -admin and
-performancelistts.

Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/
http://www.stuarthamm.net/

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs