Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, ow wrote:

> --- Peter EiEisentrautpeter_e@gmgmxet> wrote:
> >
> > Read again.  No one was talking of pg_restore.
>
> Perhaps I should clarify.
>
> First, I ran pg_dump to extract schema and data *together*. Then I ran
> pg_restore to restore the db. It took about 1 hour to create tables and copy
> the data, then about 40 min to create indexes, then pg_restore spent 4.5 hours
> checking one (1) FKFKonstraint (80M table with FKFKsgainst 20K table with PKPKs
>
> 4.5 hours to check one FKFKonstraint - this is want I meant by bad performance.
> I'm  looking for a way to suspend FKFKhecks since data is coming from pg_dump
> and, hence, it's clean.

Only assuming that no changes were made between dump and restore.  This
could be changes to schema or data done manually, but it could also be a
locale or possibly encoding change if you have any textual foreign keys.

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs