Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> > So the for loop over the addresses that are returned should go
> > over both socket() and bind() instead of only socket().  And
> > probably connect() too.
> > The code now assumes if you create a socket of a certain type you
> > can actually use it.
>
> Ah, light dawns... the postmaster socket code does this correctly,
> but pgstat.c doesn't.
>
> Too bad we didn't figure this out yesterday.  We are now in code freeze
> for 7.4 release, and I'm hesitant to apply a fix for what is arguably a
> broken platform.  Core guys, time for a vote ... do we fix, or hold this
> for 7.4.1?

Must fix, I believe, especially if it is the same function call sequence
used by the postmaster so we have a high probability it will work on all
platforms.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process