Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> One thing I've not seen an answer to:  does Postgres run acceptably on other
> people's Solaris boxes?   If this bug is preventing running on Solaris at
> all, I'd say fix it ... Solaris is a major platform.   If it only affects
> users of one particular Solaris patch version, then we do a big warning and
> save it for 7.4.1.

I'm sure it depends on which Solaris version you're running, and
possibly on local configuration issues as well.  We should not however
assume that the problem occurs *only* on Solaris.  My take on a lot of
the IPv6 funnies we've turned up is that they are kernel/userland
compatibility issues (v6-ready libc on non-v6-ready kernel or vice
versa), and that's surely at least as likely on Linux as Solaris.

The regression test that detects the problem was only put in as of
7.4beta3.  I'm not sure how many of our existing port reports were
based on prior betas ...

Сообщение: Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector
Сообщение: Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector