Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs

От ow
Тема Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
--- Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> ow writes:
>
> > 1) dump the data only, create the table with all indexes and constraints
> (from
> > script that has nothing to do with pg_restore), import the data. The import
> > part was running for hours (14+) with no end in sight. Had to kill it.
>
> Dump the data and the schema and it will do it in the right order.

Can you clarify how this would be better than the second option I described?
Unless pg_restore can somehow create FK constraints differently (and more
efficiently) than using "ALTER TABLE xxx ADD CONSTRAINT", I do not see how this
would help.

Thanks