64 bit compile on Linux SPARC U5

От Martin Marques
Тема 64 bit compile on Linux SPARC U5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to get PostgreSQL-7.4RC2 to compile with 64 bit support on my Linux
SPARC Ultra5.
The problem is that the linker has to be passed (for what I have experienced)
the value -m elf64_sparc to /usr/bin/ld, else the linker will give this
error:

/usr/bin/ld -r -o SUBSYS.o heaptuple.o indextuple.o indexvalid.o printtup.o
scankey.o tupdesc.o
/usr/bin/ld: No tiene soporte el enlazado reubicable con reubicaciones del
formato elf64-sparc (heaptuple.o) al formato elf32-sparc (SUBSYS.o)
make[4]: *** [SUBSYS.o] Error 1

The error disappers if I add the "-m elf64_sparc" to the ld line.

Is there a way to have this added to the configure?

--
 18:35:01 up 23 days,  1:57,  4 users,  load average: 0.82, 1.58, 1.59
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'