New Ideas about website

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема New Ideas about website
Дата
Re: New Ideas about website  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Re: New Ideas about website  ("Andreas Grabmüller" <webmaster@letzplay.de>)
Re: New Ideas about website  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Hi all,

As I promissed in my last e-mail, I just created 3 new models for the
website.
http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-1.html
http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-2.html
http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-3.html

I tried to clean up the HTML code using CSS and use some sort of tables. All
of the code were tested on HTML 4.01 and CSS 2. I
tested it under: Links, Lynx, Mozilla, Firebird, Netscape, Galeon and
Konqueror.
The first one, I just conserved the content from Andreas and change the
style of the boxes. The second one, I tried to reorgan
ize the content. And the last one, I changed the main part.

IMHO, I like the last one a lot. But I don't know about the News/Event, I
think the headline + summary is more attractive than
a single headline.

I need to think about the content of the website. It's the most important
thing of a website. Without it, we don't even have a
website! What about my content ? What could we add/remove ?

Talking about i18n, I just investigated the way pgadmin deal with it and
remember I tried it days ago. It's quite simple, we j
ust need to use the gettext extension of PHP. The other way is deal with
SGML like Debian and KDE projects. Comments ?

Regards,

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br