Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Jeff
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
Список pgsql-admin
On 05 Nov 2003 14:33:33 +0100
Marek Florianczyk <franki@tpi.pl> wrote:

> During this test I was changing some parameters in postgres, and send
> kill -HUP ( pg_ctl reload ). I still don't know what settings will be
> best for me, except "shared buffers", and some kernel and shell
> settings.

as far as I know, -HUP won't make things like shared buffer changes
take. you need a full restart of PG.
..
but your numbers are different... I guess it did take. huh.
..

how much disk IO is going on during these tests? (vmstat 1)
Any swapping (also shown in vmstat)

Where any of these tables analyze'd?
I see you used no indexes, so on each of your tables it must do a seq
scan. Try adding an index to your test tables and rerun..

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/