Re: Authentication Question

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Authentication Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 14:12:31 -0600,
  "Epps, Aaron M." <Epps.Aaron@mayo.edu> wrote:
>     I've got an authentication questions.  I've just setup pg_hba.conf to use "local    all    all    trust" for
testingpurposes, but when the application I'm using tries to connect to the PostgreSQL Db (Using PHP) I get the
followingerror.

> " Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user
"webuser". in /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "

> To me, it looks like PostgreSQL is still trying to authenticate, even though it should be trusting all local socket
connections. BTW, the web server and PostgreSQL server are on the same machine, so it's a local connection, not host.
DoI need to modify anything in pg_ident.conf?  I'd appreciate any help you can offer.  Thx.

The authentication tests are done in order, with the first one that applies
being used. So if there is a rule for doing ident authentication for that
database and user before the trust rule, then the trust rule won't get used.

От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: transaction read only "per" user
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Authentication Question