Re: another pg database corruption?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: another pg database corruption?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:21:40PM +0100, pginfo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using pg 7.3.4 on linuz red hat 7.3 and reiserFS.

How sure are you that your patch level for your kernel is good?  ISTR
some issues with reiserfs on some versions of the recent kernels, but
there've been so many filesystem problems with Linux over the last
couple years that my recollection is probably not all it might be.

Anyway, I would start wondering about hardware.  Try badblocks on
your disk.  Note that to produce useful results, you may have to do
the destructive tests.  You'll be wanting to back up your data first.
There have been occasional reports of clog files being destroyed --
search the archives for some quick fixes, but note that you are
likely to have some inconsistent data.  So far, all the problems have
been attributable to hardware, but nobody is ruling out a bug, if it
is reproducable.  I think Tom Lane is especially interested in
looking at cases like this; or he was last time I talked to him about
it.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110