Re: Call for port reports

От Kurt Roeckx
Тема Re: Call for port reports
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:46:39AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx writes:
>
> > I need this small patch so it properly detects I have unix domain
> > sockets.  Otherwise no problems.
>
> What system?  What happens without the patch?  Details, please.

It's a Linux system with libc5.

during configure:

checking sys/un.h usability... no
checking sys/un.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for struct sockaddr_un... no

With a newer autoconf this turns into:

checking sys/un.h usability... no
checking sys/un.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/un.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
checking for sys/un.h... yes

I did report it to them, and they told me to fix the
configure.in.

It compiles fine, runs fine.

It just then has a problem with the regression test because there
it checks the OS to decide if it has unix domain sockets or not.
Manualy fixing the script fixes that problem.  (I think it's
somewhere in the TODO to fix this.)

Kurt