Re: So, are we going to bump catversion for beta5, or not?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: So, are we going to bump catversion for beta5, or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 06:55, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:
> > > Oh dear.  We really need this function-specific schema path that the
> > > SQL standard seems to talk about.
> >
> > What's that?  How would it help?
>
> The idea is that you give each function its own schema search path at
> creation time, and that path applies to that function for the rest of its
> life.  Then that function would be immune to schema path changes later on.

But surely that would mean I couldn't do:

CREATE VIEW accts_schema.my_users AS
SELECT * FROM all_users WHERE dept='ACCTS';

CREATE VIEW sales_schema.my_users AS
SELECT * FROM all_users WHERE dept='SALES';

CREATE FUNCTION num_dept_users() RETURNS int4 AS '
SELECT count(*) FROM my_users;
' LANGUAGE SQL;

If SELECT num_dept_users() gives a different result to SELECT count(*) FROM
my_users that can't be desirable.
--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd