Re: integer ceiling in LIMIT and OFFSET

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: integer ceiling in LIMIT and OFFSET
Дата
Re: integer ceiling in LIMIT and OFFSET  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: integer ceiling in LIMIT and OFFSET  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 04:01, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What is the limit on the number of rows in a PostgreSQL table?  If it's
> more than MAXINT, we have a problem:
>
> phppgadmin# select * from test limit 2147483648;
> ERROR:  integer out of range
>
> Same problem with OFFSET.

I see you're point, but nobody is going to be interested in the first 2
billion rows of a table without using a cursor and having some other
process do the math in the background.

That said, perhaps the TODO for changing LIMIT / OFFSET to be expression
based should also mention bumping them to int8.

Сообщение: Re: So, are we going to bump catversion for beta5, or not?
Сообщение: Re: So, are we going to bump catversion for beta5, or not?