Re: 7.4 compatibility question

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 00:41, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > It would be pretty strange to use those as a default --- I am not
> > > inclined to mention it in the release notes --- we don't mention every
> > > change, only significant ones.
> >
> > Personally, I think that's a fairly silly policy!
>
> I agree -- documenting possible areas of incompatibility is important,
> and I would prefer that we err on the side of mentioning too much,
> rather than too little.

Docs updated to include 'today':
willno longer work as       a column default; <function>CURRENT_DATE</>       should be used instead</para></listitem>

As far as yesterday/tomorrow, I think anyone using that will realize
that if 'today' doesn't work, those will not either.  Sure, I like to be
complete too, but at a certain point it becomes overload and people
can't process it.  Part of the reason the release notes are read is
because they are _readable_, or as readable was we can make +300
changes.

Do you think I include every user-visible change in the release notes?
It would be 2-3x longer, and probably not more useful.

Pennsylvania19073