Re: 7.4 compatibility question

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > It would be pretty strange to use those as a default --- I am not
> > inclined to mention it in the release notes --- we don't mention every
> > change, only significant ones.
>
> Personally, I think that's a fairly silly policy!  How does it hurt us
> to mention it and you just know that someone, somewhere, is doing it...

The release notes are already 550 lines --- adding the mention of
something almost no one uses doesn't make sense --- if we did that, the
list might be 1000 lines and more unreadable.  Same logic goes for the
list of changes --- I only mention user-visible changes, in most cases.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question