Re: Tuning for mid-size server

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Tuning for mid-size server
Дата
Re: Tuning for mid-size server  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:15:57AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Anjan,
>
> > I read an article that suggests you 'start' with 25% of memory for
> > shared_buffers. Sort memory was suggested to be at 2-4%. Here's the
> > link:
> > http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/node8.html
> > Maybe, I misinterpreted it.
>
> No, I can see how you arrived at that conclusion, and Bruce is an authority.
> I'll contact him.

I think the "25%" rule of thumb is slightly stale: above some
threshold, it just falls apart, and lots of people now have machines
well within that threshold.  Heck, I'll bet Bruce's 2-way machine is
within that threshold.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: Tuning for mid-size server
Сообщение: Re: Tuning for mid-size server