Re: Unicode upper() bug still present

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Unicode upper() bug still present
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>  Why  cannot  do PostgreSQL  as  100%  pure  Unicode system? We  can  do
>  conversion  from/to  others  encodings as  client/server  communication
>  extension, but  internaly in BE  we can  use only pure  Unicode data. I
>  think a lot of things will more simple...

Please don't do that. There's a known issue of round trip conversion
between Unicode and other encodings and still the existing encodings
are very important for many users.

Also I think DBMS should not rely on particular encoding
implementation.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Сообщение: Re: Unicode upper() bug still present
Сообщение: Re: Unicode upper() bug still present